Decluttering and Home Staging Quick Reference Links:
Self Storage Decluttering Options | Room By Room Decluttering Punchlist | List Of Items To Declutter | Decluttering | Staging Your Home | Cedar Closet Storage
Decluttering and Home Staging In Westchester
A realtor’s first suggestion when listing your home for sale is decluttering and home staging. Westchester Self Storage family of facilities providing the expertise, locations and storage options to eliminate the stress of removing excess items from your house in an affordable way that’s quick and easy.
We offer a Door-To-Store service so that you can avoid having to ask your family and friends to help you.
Our climate controlled storage units provide a moderated temperature throughout the year, eliminating extreme fluctuations in temperature. Delicate, temperature sensitive and moisture sensitive belongings will be kept in a protected environment safe from discoloration, odor, mold, mildew and ruin.
Self Storage Cedar closets provide an opportunity unique in the self storage industry and a first to Westchester County residents. Safely store your clothes, bedding and accessories in your own off-site, cedar closet.
Our Team of Highly Trained and Experienced Self Storage Experts is ready to assist you with decluttering and home staging references . . .
Call us today (914) 241-7070
Family Room / Den
- Furniture should be cleaned, dusted and polished
- Cabinets should be cleaned and organized
- TV, games and components should be cleaned
- Surge protectors and battery backups need to be checked
- Electrical connections dusted and tested
- Clean around and under sink cabinets
- Throw out old soaps, shampoos, moisturizers and cleaners
- Discard old and expired medication
- Clean in and around the toilet, shower and tub
- Pull out the washer and dyer to clean behind them
- Dryer lint removed from trap
- Dryer heat extraction vent cleaned
- Laundry detergent consolidated
- Old detergents and cleaners thrown out
Bedding & Linen
- Linen and bedding that’s torn should be discarded
- Blankets, linen and bedding should be washed
- Seasonal bedding placed into storage bins
- Climate controlled or cedar closet storage arranged when needed
- Furniture cleaned and polished
- Cabinets and drawers cleaned and organized
- Games and components dusted and cleaned
- Surge protectors and battery backups dusted off and checked
- Throw away items no longer in use
- Items not in use should be placed into self storage
- Old boxes and supplies discarded
- Tools and equipment organizedT
- Thoroughly sweep garage
- Items no longer in use should be disposed of
- Seasonal items not in season placed into storage
- Expired household cleaners discarded
- Refrigerator cleaned out
- Expired packaged food discarded
- Dishes you no longer use boxed up
- Food storage containers consolidated
- Chipped mugs, dishes and plates discarded
- Kitchen utensils no longer in use discarded
- Old frayed dish towels repurposed as rags
- Cabinets and desk drawers cleaned and organized
- Office supplies restocked
- Shred sensitive papers
- Computers should be backed up and updated
- Surge protectors and battery backups dusted and checked
- Computers & electrical connections dusted and checked
- File prior year records and arrange self storage
- Off season clothes and shoes placed into storage bin
- Drawers, dressers & nightstands dusted and polished
- Old papers shred or discarded
- Computers, TVs and components dusted and checked
- Surge protectors & battery back ups checked
- Blankets placed into storage bins and into self storage
- Winter Jackets
- Winter Gloves
- Winter shoes
- Heavy blankets
- Photo Albums
- Computers not being used
- Playstation and Xbox
- File boxes
- Storage Bins
- Decorative items
- Sporting equipment
- Gardening supplies
- Off season items
Decluttering will help you get and stay organized and make seasonal much easier. This process need not be become an overwhelming one. Working from room to room is often the best way to go about it. Make sure you have the necessary supplies ready. Be sure they include: a storage bin, trash bag, labels and a marker. Declutter each room first before moving onto another room. This process will work better when you get to the bigger rooms in your home.
Don’t fall victim to a false sense of tidiness by organizing without first decluttering . Put things away after you use them,. This prevents clutter from building up in the first place. Decluttering each change of season is a practical thing for many people to do to stay organzied.
Home staging is decorating a home to to make it more desirable to home buyers. When it’s done correctly, it accentuates the best attributes of your home, creating an atmosphere that inspires the buyer’s imagination.
Why Stage your home?
Westchester County is a hot real estate market and with all the competition for buyer’s attention, it’s more important than ever to take steps to make sure your home stands out all the competition. In today’s competitive market, it’s often not enough to list your home “as is” and expect it to sell quickly for full asking. The idea is to present a well organized, tastefully decorated house to each potential buyer.
Home Staging Benefits?
- Homes sell faster
- Higher offers
- Home stands apart from the competition
- Home photographs better
- Makes a better presentation of your home
Think about placing the items and furniture you don’t need right now in a self storage unit near me. Doing so provides potential buyers with a vision of your home as fresh palette to decorate and make them more likely to place an offer.
The International Association of Home Staging Professionals says 95% of staged homes sell in an average of 11 days or less and sell for 17% more.
According to a 2015 survey by the National Association of Realtors, 32 percent of buyers’ agents believe staging increases the dollar value buyers are willing to offer by 1 to 5 percent and we’ve personally seen it go as high as 10 percent.
Cedar Closet Storage Rooms
Rent your very own climate controlled, Cedar Closet unit. How?
Seasonal clothes, shoes, delicates and bedding, can now be stored year-round in your very own, cedar closet without the expense and hassle of building your own. Our onsite experts will assist you with everything you need to transform these units into the offsite cedar closet you always dreamed of. Visit our Cedar Closets Rooms in Tarrytown
FIND THE PERFECT UNIT Today
Our Team Is Standing By Ready To Assist You